Monday, December 19, 2005

Big Bush is Watching You

A college student was visited by the Gestapo for putting Mao Tse-Tung's Little Red Book on interlibrary loan. The Standard Times reports here. President Bush had apparently authorized the National Security Agency to spy on as many as 500 people at any given time since 2002, and without warrants.

One of the student's professors, Bryan Williams, has reconsidered offering a course on terrorism next semester, for fear of putting his students at risk: "I shudder to think of all the students I've had monitoring al-Qaeda Web sites, what the government must think of that. Mao Tse-Tung is completely harmless."

The next time I check out an ILL book to someone at my library, I'll give the patron fair warning: Big Bush is watching you.

UPDATE (12/21): This story is rapidly unfolding, and as I mentioned in a new post, this may be a hoax.

UPDATE (12/27): This is indeed a hoax. The Standard Times reports the student confessing to making it all up. Read here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home