Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blog Gender

According to the Gender Analyzer, The Busybody is 96% likely to be male. That's funny. I'm used to being told that I'm heavily in touch with my feminine side.


Blogger Chris Weimer said...

It got both Judy Redman and April DeConick wrong, and it scored Dorothy King at 50% though leaning on toward the female side, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. My guess is that academics are being thought of as "male" and shoe-shopping "female". Not a terrible assumption to make on the internet, but it's quite simply a wrong one to make.


Blogger Judy Redman said...

When I checked, it said about my blog: We guess is written by a man (50%), however it's quite gender neutral.

I am wondering why, when it scored 50%, they would guess that it's written by a man, rather than simply saying it's gender neutral.

It also got Suzanne McCarthy wrong, but not by as much as April. It was correct about Rachel Barenblat, though - perhaps because she includes more personal information on her blog.


Post a Comment

<< Home