Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bird and Crossley on the Air (Part Two)

Don't miss the second half of Bird and Crossley's Unbelievable radio debate. In this session they discuss whether or not Paul thought Jesus was God and the historicity of the gospels. I was amused to learn that Michael likes to have fun with Jehovah's Witnesses who come knocking on his door, by asking them who Philippians 2 refers to ("Jesus"), and then Isaiah 45 ("Jehovah"). I used to have fun with the J-Wits in my college years, but I'm sure I was more mean-spirited (and less biblical about it) than Michael. My piles nearly burst when Michael, possessed by a certain bishop no doubt, claimed in passing that the coming of the Son of Man on the clouds of heaven (Mk 13) refers to Jesus' vindication at the destruction of Jerusalem. But all in all, a fine discussion, which expands on issues already debated in the authors' book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home