Monday, October 03, 2005

Library Thing (Revisited)

Rick Brannan, Brandon Wason, Bryan Cox, and I have joined Library Thing, an online service for cataloging personal book collections. It doesn't require any software, and it's free up to 200 books. (For a lifetime fee of $10 you can catalog any number of books.) It's really nifty, allowing you to visit other people's libraries, and links you immediately to those who share your interests.

I only started cataloging yesterday, prodded by Rick's recent blogpost, and am over 80 books -- I'll end up going way over 200, of course. This is what my catalog looks like so far. I agree with Brandon: it would be nice to see more bibliobloggers join.

4 Comments:

Blogger Loren Rosson III said...

Good reading habits, as always -- with the glaring exception of that Star Wars stuff. :)

10/03/2005  
Blogger Stephen C. Carlson said...

I'm a little disappointed at the limit of 200 books. I've got that many just on the Synoptic Problem.

10/03/2005  
Blogger Ben Myers said...

I agree with Stephen -- I don't think I would get through even my Karl Barth shelves within that limit! Still, it sounds like a great idea.

10/03/2005  
Blogger Loren Rosson III said...

I could easily go over 200 myself. I'll probably end up paying the $10 lifetime fee.

10/04/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home